Soo school, life and beautiful weather took precedence over blogging the past month or so. Apologies. So, on this cloudy first full day back in Memphis, with much pestering from Andrew, I've decided to talk about my favorite subject: books. Here is what I've read over the past couple of months and what you should add to your summer reading list:
1. Leaving by Karen Kingsbury. A continuation of the Baxter family saga. This one is about Bailey Flanigan. I must say that although this was a quick read, I wasn't as captivated as I had been with Karen's other books. Read the other 3 series first (14 books, don't be alarmed. They are some of the best, can't put them down books I have ever read).
2. Water for Elephants. SO good. Read now. Then see the movie and swoon.
3. Mystic Lake by Kristin Hannah. Very very good. I love anything Kristin Hannah writes, so if you're looking for a new author, she's amazing.
4. Night Road by Kristin Hannah. Started this book yesterday and finished it this morning. SO. GOOD. Before Night Road, Firefly Lane (also a must read) was my favorite Kristin Hannah book. If you read one book off this list, make it Night Road.
5. The Hunger Games Series. I read this 3 book series during exams. Weird but awesome. I kind of want to name something Everdeen after reading the series. They're making a movie (with Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson...sigh) out of these books so read promptly!
And now I'm reading My Antonia by Willa Cather. Yay for summer!
1 day ago